Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Birthday Boys!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON AND OWEN!!!!!
On March 14th we celebrated both Jason and Owen's birthdays. I am so grateful that we were able to have Owen home before this day. We celebrated with some family and a couple of close friends who may as well be family :)
Jason turned 13!!!! WOW, it sounds weird just saying that! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time goes by. That day thirteen years ago seems like yesterday, and at the same time so long ago. And for thirteen years I have never stopped being so proud to be his mom. I love my big guy :)
Owen turned 3!!! I am so grateful that we didn't miss this birthday! I am glad we were able to celebrate his birth, but at the same time could not stop thinking about his birth mother the entire day. Honestly, I don't think there has been a day that I haven't thought about her and wondered. I wish she could somehow see his smile :)
This post has taken me all week to get published!!! Could someone please request that just a couple of hours be added onto the day??? There just isn't enough time to get everything done in 24! I do have more to tell you....about his evaluations.....another day. For now I'll let the birthdays get a little attention!!
Enjoy the pictures. Of course now I wish I would have taken more. And one day, hopefully one day soon, I really do want to learn how to use my camera a little better...you know in my spare time!
Good morning little birthday boy!
Birthday kisses
Birthday hugs :)
Can you stand how cute these two are????
Owen takes Ella to show her the Happy Birthday sign above the door. I love this picture, it just does something to my heart :)
Ella loves her the big Birthday Boy too!
It was a Y*nkee birthday for J, complete with opening day tickets at the new stadium!
Presents!!
Owen quickly became very good at getting the wrapping paper off his gifts!

A new bike! No more riding Ella's princess bike!
B with Uncle Angelo--with their cane and crutches, both recovering from there injuries, and both enjoying being waited on! (Angelo broke his leg in three places after falling on the ice--OUCH!)
Owen showing off his skills with chopsticks
Ella and Sophia having dinner together. Sophia's mommy Dina and I have been friends for over 23 years!! That makes me feel really old!
The boys hang out and have dinner

Cousins
Ella, Sophia, and Nikki. I've been friends with Nikki's mom Dana since H.S. Next month we go to our 20th reunion! Again, felling REALLY old!!! It warms my heart to see Ella with Dina and Dana's daughters :)
Owen really loved Nikki! Who could blame him?
More presents!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

New scooter from Meme and Poppy.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthfday Jason, Happy Birthday Owen,,, how exciting. Amazing how one year can make such a difference. Love the birthday hugs and kisses.

LOL
Lisa

Jodee said...

Great birthday pictures! It looks like everyone had a blast!

I hope you have a great weekend!