Thursday, January 1, 2009

We Have a Name!

After MONTHS of contemplation we finally have settled on a name. Lian Han Wen will be
Owen Alexander HanWen
I feels so right! I love the fact that "Wen" will always be a part of his first name. I was having major issues with "taking his name away from him". Also, as most of you know, our other kids have always been called by the beginning sound in their names--B, J, and El--so he can be "O"!! I did hesitate for a little while hoping that my bloggy friend Rebecca from China!Baby wouldn't feel like I stole her name(she will be traveling for her Owen very soon!). I did email her, expressing my concern, and got her full blessing! Thank you, Rebecca.
So, Owen it is!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the name Melissa. I am so excited for you and your family. Happy New Year.

Barbara

Joanne said...

PERFECT! He is such an Owen :) I am busting with excitement for you and cannot wait to meet your Owen!!

Anonymous said...

The countdown begins. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the name Owen (I feel like I'm a little part of this decision). We cannot wait to meet and bond with him!!!!!!!!!!!!! Soon that little man will be home where he belongs.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I love it! Finally!!!!!
Joanne