Thursday, July 24, 2008

Where is the Summer Going????

I feel like the summer is just flying by! Is it really almost August???? Here I thought we'd all finally be able to relax, but instead I feel like we have something to do or somewhere to be nearly every single day! The summer started off as the past several have--with construction going on in the yard! We were working on FINALLY finishing off the fireplace/seating area behind the pool. The contractor finally finished working on it on July 3rd, just a couple of weeks longer than we thought it would take!

Baseball was also in full swing by the beginning of the summer. Jason was playing his summer travel season and also made his Little League's All Star team which participates in the Williamsport tournament. Baseball came to a screeching halt on July 5th when Jason got hit in the head with a fastball while up at bat and ended up suffering a concussion!! Needless to say that was just a little scary for everyone. He was restricted from any activity for two weeks during which time he was going a little stir crazy! One day I caught him standing in the kitchen swinging an ice cream scooper and hitting a napkin! I looked at him like "what in the world are you doing", and he responded by saying "Mom, I'm desperate!!". Now he's fully recovered and back to baseball with his mom biting her nails hoping he'll stay safe! He still has 10 games left of the summer season (of course then the fall season will immediately follow!), and another tournament coming up in two weeks. Oh, and did I mention football starts in a week!!!
In the meantime Brianna ended up on a travel softball team through the month of July and has had her own busy schedule!

Brian and Jason had a very busy and exciting MLB All Star weekend. They went to the Fan Fest at the Javits Center where J was lucky enough to get a few autographs and had a blast. On Monday they went to the Home Run derby at Yankee Stadium. Then on Tuesday for the (never ending) All Star game we hosted a BBQ for his travel team and their parents.

Other than that Ella has been loving the pool this year! She finally worked up the courage to jump off the diving board last week! Now, that's all she wants to do! Bribery is the only thing that gets her out of the pool these days!

Here's some pictures from some of this summer's happenings :)

The never ending project finally complete!
Brian and J at the Home Run Derby
Exciting stuff as Josh Hamilton sets a new record
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!
Yes, I can!!!
Although Ella insists she will be a ballerina, Brian and Jason hold out hope for a future ball player!! She is getting pretty good!!







No comments: