Friday, April 18, 2008

Good News-Bad News

Well the good news is that we completed our last home study visit on Wednesday. Also, our child abuse clearances came back. The bad news---I just found out this afternoon that my fingerprints for my criminal clearance were not processed and bounced back due to "poor quality". This means I have to be re-fingerprinted!!! You would think that the person doing the fingerprinting would have know if the quality was OK, but guess not. This will set us back at least a couple of weeks :( Brian's criminal clearances did come today. The funny thing is, the same precint charged Brian to be fingerprinted and later the same day did mine for free. I guess you get what you pay for!! I am so disappointed, but always believe that everything happens for a reason. Don't know why it happened, probably will never know, but there's nothing I can do about it now except get new fingerprints done and in the mail ASAP, and trust that everything will happen on God's timeline. So, as soon as we get my clearances back our social worker can input that date into our home study and we can move to the next step of filing an I-800A with USCIS (immigration). Then wait again!! USCIS changed their filing procedures as on April 1st (perfect timing) and I'm am hoping and praying that our wait for approval from them is not going to be longer than the four weeks we expected. Hold on Wen, we're coming---eventually!!!!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the fingerprinting problem! I don't understand why they didn't notice this either???! It will all work out, just keep your positive attitude and "Wen" will be here before we all know it :)

Lisa said...

Hang in there! This process does get frustrating at times. The whole fingerprinting thing is crazy. Sometimes the bumpy roadin the beginning makes the road at the end that much sweeter.

LOL
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wen's mommy,

I am so thankful that I stumbled into your blog today. My thoughts are with you as your continue to journey to your son.

Happy Mother's day,

Krista